Subject: bug#51877: 27.2; term: error in process filter

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:46:12 +0100

Christopher Howard <[email-masked]> writes:

> The package emacs-next-28.0.50-0.2ea3466 is available in my current
> checkout of Guix. I seem to get the same results:
>
> ```
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range "$ \2\220\22\33nN\4\216" 0 -42)
>   term-emulate-terminal(#<process terminal>
> "l\0l\234\236|\0\214l\340|\2\f\f\f\204\4l\354\4#|\216\203\3\344\22\262\337|\33b\204\fb\214\362oo\337lNo\234\343\344\f#\34p...")
> ```
>
> Is that new enough?

Yes, thanks for checking -- then this means that those ANSI-related
fixed in that function didn't fix this issue.  I'll try to reproduce
myself...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no