Subject: bug#51862: after-focus-change-function: hard to understand documentation

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 08:57:20 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

>> -- Variable: after-focus-change-function This function is an extension
>> point that code can use to receive a notification that focus has
>> changed.
>
> Why does this use the terminology "extension point"?  We don't use that
> anywhere else in the ELisp manual.

That's an odd way of putting it, yes.

> Could we have a simpler interface for this?  If not, could we perhaps
> include some examples that would explain in a straightforward way what
> one would need to do?

I think it would make sense to add a different mechanism here.  People
who need this want two things: The affected frame and the new status
(i.e., focus-in and focus-out).  So the function should be called with
these two arguments.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no