Subject: Re: bug#51845: [PATCH 0/2] Add librsvg-bootstrap

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 17:37:12 +0100

Hi Efraim,

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On a small tangent, the work I do sometimes to try to actually have a
> dependency graph with the crates would only make these easier to find,
> not actually address the issue here.
>
> I'm not sure if it'd be better to mostly copy the packages with a new
> name and keep the cargo-inputs or to actually adjust the
> cargo-inputs->inputs and cargo-development-inputs->native-inputs  so we
> get the dependency graph from rust-libc-0.2.101 to librsvg. I'd like to
> make the change but if we don't get the others changed then we
> effectively really have two sets of rust crates.
>
> If we have both cargo-inputs and inputs then the cargo-build-system
> doesn't have issues with using either type with later packages, so that
> might be the best option for now.

Thinking out loud… would it work to change:

  (arguments '(#:cargo-inputs X #:cargo-development-inputs Y))

to:

  (native-inputs (map package-source Y))
  (inputs (map package-source X))

?

Or am I just saying nonsense?

Thanks,
Ludo’.