Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 07/45] guix: node-build-system: Add #:absent-dependencies argument.

From: Philip McGrath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 23:41:08 -0500

Hi,

On 12/21/21 15:44, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> Am Dienstag, dem 21.12.2021 um 13:25 -0500 schrieb Philip McGrath:
>> An
>> extra complication is that some part of Guix's code staging seems to
>> incorrectly turn #nil into '(). I will see if I can narrow that down
>> and file a bug report.
>>
> #nil to '() conversions are probably the fault of some syntax-case or
> match expression.  That being said, I hope we don't have to worry about
> code staging too much as comparison ought to be done using null? imo.

I've reported the problem with g-expressions here: 
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/52749

In brief, the problem is that a Scheme value like:

     '(@ ("k" . #nil))

ought to produce the JSON:

     {"k":null}

but, if it is part of a g-expression, it instead produces:

     {"k":[]}

-Philip