Subject: [bug#51838] [PATCH v5 06/45] guix: node-build-system: Refactor patch-dependencies phase.

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 13:59:23 -0500

Hi Liliana,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Samstag, dem 18.12.2021 um 12:03 -0500 schrieb Philip McGrath:
>
>> All of that reinforces my sense that we should not try to change this
>> here.
>
> I think you misread me here.  One thing that's bugging me is that you
> (just like whoever wrote this before) strip the @ only to reintroduce
> it.  I think it'd be better if (resolve-dependencies) simply took a
> list and the let-block deconstructed the json.
>
> As for the package-meta -> package-meta conversion, imo that could
> perfectly be done with match or SXML transformation.  WDYT?

I think that, as a patch, this is a clear improvement over the existing
code.  Is it perfect yet?  Maybe not.  Further improvements can always
be made.  The NPM package set is small enough that build system changes
can be committed directly to master.  Each of the three of us has spent
more time writing about it than it would take to reimplement it!  :)

To me, it would be unwise to hold back this series because one of the
patches replaces ugly and broken mutations with merely ugly mutations.

-- Tim