Subject: [bug#51838] [PATCH v2 10/26] gnu: node-llparse-builder-bootstrap: Use #:absent-dependencies.

From: Philip McGrath <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 12:09:23 -0500

On 11/20/21 02:44, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 19.11.2021, 23:33 -0500 schrieb Philip McGrath:
>>          (modify-phases %standard-phases
>> -         (delete 'configure)
>> +         (add-before 'configure 'remove-package-lock
>> +           ;; Having package-lock.json seems to cause npm
>> +           ;; to look for things on the internet in the configure
>> phase,
>> +           ;; even if we have them properly installed.
>> +           (lambda args
>> +             (delete-file-recursively "package-lock.json")))
> I think a simple delete-file ought to work.  This should also be done
> by configure or similar, compare cargo-build-system.

Yes, I thought about having the build system automatically delete 
"package-lock.json", but I'm not 100% sure it's always a problem to have 
it, or if there might even be some circumstance where we want to keep 
it. I'd prefer to wait until we see a significant number of node 
packages deleting their "package-lock.json" files before trying to 
abstract over the pattern.