Subject: [bug#51838] [PATCH v6 05/41] guix: node-build-system: Add 'delete-dependencies' helper function.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 23:58:47 +0100

Am Mittwoch, dem 05.01.2022 um 22:04 +0100 schrieb Liliana Marie
Prikler:
> That's not at all my intention.  I'll write up a checklist as a
> follow-up.  We can go over these shortly and I'll have v6 with minor
> adjustments land hopefully soon (if it can't be done tomorrow I'll
> shoot for Sunday).  Would that be acceptable?
Okay, here's my checklist.  I'll denote discussion points with numbers
and actionable tasks with square brackets.  Send me a reply in which
you mark either the ones you want to have or the ones you don't (give a
short reason for each) and I'll make it work.  The entries marked with
a forward slash would require an additional round of review to ensure I
don't fuck any of this up (pardon my lack of a better term), so it's
probably better to open up separate bugs for those if we want to be
quick.  I feel rather confident about the rest, however.

1. Move alist/json primitives to new file or shrink them in vertical
size.  Since you raised valid points against moving them, that'd be
shrinking them in vertical size.  To this end:
[ ] Use SRFI-71 wherever applicable.
[ ] Implement them in terms of SRFI-1 span.
[ ] For the json-side only define json-update* as it appears to be the
only one used later on (need confirmation on that one)

2. Reduce Racketisms
[ ] Use DEFAULT instead of FAILURE_RESULT.
[/] Define json-update* as syntax.

3. Generic style stuff
[ ] Move conses inside match.
[/] Merge with-atomic-json-file-replacement and json-update into a
single syntax (rewrite-json-file).
[ ] Simplify delete-dependencies so that we can directly write 
(lambda args (delete-dependencies DEPS).
[ ] Use identifier-syntax for the empty JSON object (how do we name
it?)

If I omitted anything and it's simple enough to fit this mold, do add
it and I'll see if I can tack it on or we would need to go through
another round for that.  Sorry this all took so long.