Subject: Re: [bug#51838] [PATCH v6 05/41] guix: node-build-system: Add 'delete-dependencies' helper function.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 15:02:28 -0500

On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 02:08:30PM -0500, Philip McGrath wrote:
> I would consider it very regrettable if this patch series were to
> continue to be blocked by stylistic considerations in the implementation of
> unexported helper functions.

Agreed.

Is there a concrete problem with these patches? Or will they work as
specified for Guix packagers?

Let's remember that the primary goal of code review is to bring a
contribution into the codebase.

We have added suboptimal code to Guix many times, because it worked well
enough. Later we can refine things.

You mention go-build-system as being useful for you. That's very
gratifying, because it was a lot of hard work for me to help finalize
those patches, and they were quite far from ideal even when they were
committed. But the build system allowed Guix users to add Go packages,
which later attracted more contributions, and the go-build-system keeps
improving as a result.