Subject: bug#51830: 29.0.50; tab-line-mode will override (setq-default tab-line-format "xxx")

From: "Feng Shu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 14:05:11 +0800

(setq tab-line-format "xxx")
(global-tab-line-mode 1)

value "xxx"  will lost.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 14, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-11-14 built on tumashu
Repository revision: 370d4038c5a671d3b9e3a4d28d849948c1a96f53
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-xwidgets --with-modules'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Message

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  mml-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-display-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  company-posframe-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  org-super-agenda-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  pyim-isearch-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-tab-line-mode: t
  tab-line-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: yas--auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/transient-20211105.100/transient hides /home/feng/project/emacs/lisp/transient

Features:
(gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml hl-line utf-7 imap rfc2104 qp gnutls
network-stream nsm pop3 epa-file nndraft nnmh nnml eh-gnus-common
gnus-select-account eww xdg url-queue mm-url gnus-demon gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cite
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-cache gnus-sum
shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo eh-gnus gnus-start gnus-dbus
dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader mailalias mailclient shadow
mail-extr emacsbug sendmail cus-start mule-util vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs bug-reference misearch multi-isearch
pyim-dhashcache async magit-extras cursor-sensor citre citre-peek
citre-basic-tools citre-ctags emacs-helper eh-misc undo-tree xwidget
image-mode exif projectile lisp-mnt grep ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-popup magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push
magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff
smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit message yank-media rmc
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor server magit-mode transient
edmacro magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm gitpatch
aggressive-indent eh-emms emms-librefm-stream xml emms-librefm-scrobbler
emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams
emms-show-all emms-tag-editor emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-info-tinytag emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv
emms-playing-time emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-browser
sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-volume
emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-mode emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-cache emms-info-native bindat
emms-info-exiftool emms-info emms-later-do emms-setup emms emms-compat
epg rfc6068 epg-config el2org cnfonts cnfonts-ui cus-edit cus-load
thingatpt yasnippet vterm face-remap compile color term disp-table ehelp
vterm-module term/xterm xterm citre-config citre-lang-fileref citre-util
citre-core citre-tag citre-core-tables citre-common eh-complete
company-posframe company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop xref
project company-gtags company-template company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-capf company eh-org
org-super-agenda ts ht s org-habit ob-python python tramp-sh tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
parse-time ls-lisp ob-org ob-plantuml ox-extra ox-md ox-org ox-odt
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse
nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda
ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree generator
org-protocol autorevert filenotify org-attach org-id org-refile org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601 time-date ol org-keys oc org-compat
advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func eh-functions eh-theme
modus-vivendi-theme modus-operandi-theme modus-themes eh-basic
cal-china-x cal-china lunar solar cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs pyim-liberime liberime liberime-core pyim
pyim-hacks pyim-probe pyim-cregexp pcase xr pyim-process pyim-cstring
pyim-autoselector pyim-punctuation pyim-outcome pyim-indicator
pyim-preview pyim-magic pyim-candidates pyim-codes pyim-imobjs
pyim-pinyin pyim-pymap pyim-dcache pyim-dict derived pyim-page
pyim-entered popup posframe pyim-scheme pyim-common dired-ranger ring
dired-hacks-utils dash wdired dired dired-loaddefs vc vc-dispatcher
consult-vertico consult kmacro orderless vertico savehist tab-line
switch-window switch-window-mvborder switch-window-asciiart quail
so-long elec-pair bookmark text-property-search pp recentf tree-widget
wid-edit elpa-mirror finder-inf tex-site kotl-autoloads easy-mmode info
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache
json map url-vars comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra seq
gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv help-mode cl-loaddefs
cl-lib china-util iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 965648 91089)
 (symbols 48 53999 79)
 (strings 32 288858 21235)
 (string-bytes 1 7954868)
 (vectors 16 103897)
 (vector-slots 8 13784573 90758)
 (floats 8 1287 697)
 (intervals 56 3070 546)
 (buffers 992 40))

--