Subject: Re: bug#51826: qt packages (e.g. pcmanfm-qt) missing wayland qt module

From: "bdju" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 18:13:41 -0600

On Sun Nov 14, 2021 at 7:44 AM CST, Josselin Poiret wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This plugin is packaged as a part of qtwayland, and `guix shell --pure
> --preserve="^(XDG_|WAYLAND_DISPLAY)" bash pcmanfm-qt qtwayland -- bash
> -c "QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland pcmanfm-qt"` does work as expected (whereas
> it does not if I leave out qtwayland). You might want to install
> qtwayland in your profile for it to work.
>
> Best,
> Josselin Poiret
Thanks, installing that does indeed get pcmanfm-qt to launch, although
the right click menu and file menus seem to be invisible! I had to open
up a pcmanfm-qt without this env var to see how to get to preferences
blindly. (alt-e alt-e will open edit then preferences). The missing
right click menu is even worse since what's under the menu can vary,
especially the "open with" menu.

Also, should this have been a dependency of something? I definitely
didn't install it manually on postmarketOS (alpine-based).