Subject: The Senselessness of Emacs Company Mode

From: irenezerafa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 22:57:53 +0000

I am installing Company Mode so I can use auto completion. Let me show you how beautiful that is using the emacs way.
For most people, they do "M-x list-packages" and search for "company". They get about 70 matches for "company-mode"
which add compatibility for other modes. And they all have to figure all this out by themselves. This is why spacemacs and
doommacs have became so popular. Nobody wants to use Gnu Emacs. It is a mothership emacs problem that Richard
Stallman should be responsible for.

company-anaconda 20200404.1859 available melpa Anaconda backend for company-mode
company-ansible 20200306.1441 available melpa A company back-end for ansible
company-arduino 20160306.1739 available melpa company-mode for Arduino
company-auctex 20200529.1835 available melpa Company-mode auto-completion for AUCTeX
company-axiom 20191027.1928 available melpa A company-mode backend for the axiom-environment system
company-bibtex 20171105.644 available melpa Company completion for bibtex keys
company-box 20211020.2007 available melpa Company front-end with icons
company-c-headers 20190825.1631 available melpa Company mode backend for C/C++ header files
company-cabal 20170917.1317 available melpa company-mode cabal backend
company-coq 20210708.2357 available melpa A collection of extensions for Proof General's Coq mode
company-ctags 20210723.1322 available melpa Fastest company-mode completion backend for ctags
company-dcd 20210307.649 available melpa Company backend for Dlang using DCD.
company-dict 20190302.5 available melpa A backend that emulates ac-source-dictionary
company-distel 20180827.1344 available melpa Erlang/distel completion backend for company-mode
company-ebdb 1.1 available gnu company-mode completion backend for EBDB in message-mode
company-emacs-eclim 20180911.1121 available melpa Eclim company backend
company-emoji 20210427.2151 available melpa company-mode backend for emoji
company-emojify 20210718.424 available melpa Company completion for Emojify
company-erlang 20170123.538 available melpa company backend based on ivy-erlang-complete
company-flow 20180225.2159 available melpa Flow backend for company-mode
company-flx 20180103.518 available melpa flx based fuzzy matching for company
company-fuzzy 20211104.1200 available melpa Fuzzy matching for `company-mode'
company-ghci 20190707.311 available melpa company backend which uses the current ghci process.
company-glsl 20210109.1403 available melpa Support glsl in company-mode
company-go 20170825.1643 available melpa company-mode backend for Go (using gocode)
company-inf-ruby 20140805.2054 available melpa company-mode completion back-end for inf-ruby
company-ipa 20210307.1838 available melpa IPA backend for company
company-irony 20190124.2346 available melpa company-mode completion back-end for irony-mode
company-irony-c-headers 20151018.909 available melpa Company mode backend for C/C++ header files with Irony
company-jedi 20200324.25 available melpa Company-mode completion back-end for Python JEDI
company-lean 20210305.1705 available melpa A company backend for lean-mode
company-ledger 20210910.250 available melpa Fuzzy auto-completion for Ledger & friends
company-lua 20171108.2306 available melpa Company backend for Lua
company-manually 20200709.913 available melpa A company backend that lets you manually build candidates
company-math 1.4 available gnu Completion backends for unicode math symbols and latex tags
company-math 20210731.2019 available melpa Completion backends for unicode math symbols and latex tags
company-maxima 20210520.2034 available melpa Maxima company integration
company-nand2tetris 20171201.1813 available melpa Company backend for nand2tetris major mode
company-native-complete 20200315.2144 available melpa Company completion using native-complete
company-nginx 20201020.2038 available melpa company-mode keywords support for nginx-mode
company-ngram 20170129.1913 available melpa N-gram based completion
company-nixos-options 20160215.857 available melpa Company Backend for nixos-options
company-org-block 20210825.2107 available melpa Org blocks company backend
company-php 20201009.1025 available melpa A company back-end for PHP.
company-phpactor 20200121.1218 available melpa company-mode backend for Phpactor
company-plisp 20200531.1927 available melpa Company mode backend for PicoLisp language
company-plsense 20180118.58 available melpa Company backend for Perl
company-pollen 20160812.1510 available melpa company-mode completion backend for pollen
company-posframe 20211103.232 available melpa Use a posframe as company candidate menu
company-prescient 20210227.600 available melpa prescient.el + Company
company-qml 20170428.1708 available melpa Company backend for QML files
company-quickhelp 20210515.2212 available melpa Popup documentation for completion candidates
company-quickhelp-terminal 20210715.1010 available melpa Terminal support for `company-quickhelp'
company-racer 20171205.310 available melpa Company integration for racer
company-reftex 20210418.1316 available melpa Company backend based on RefTeX.
company-restclient 20190426.1312 available melpa company-mode completion back-end for restclient-mode
company-rtags 20191222.920 available melpa RTags back-end for company
company-shell 20211013.1725 available melpa Company mode backend for shell functions
company-solidity 20181117.1518 available melpa Company-mode back-end for solidity-mode
company-sourcekit 20210430.2155 available melpa company-mode completion backend for SourceKit
company-stan 20210130.1325 available melpa A company-mode completion backend for stan
company-statistics 0.2.3 available gnu Sort candidates using completion history
company-statistics 20170210.1933 available melpa Sort candidates using completion history
company-suggest 20200911.1845 available melpa Company-mode back-end for search engine suggests
company-tabnine 20210310.2247 available melpa A company-mode backend for TabNine
company-terraform 20190607.1037 available melpa A company backend for terraform
company-try-hard 20200417.1603 available melpa get all completions from company backends
company-web 20180402.1155 available melpa Company version of ac-html, complete for web,html,emmet,jade,slim modes
company-wordfreq 20210201.1839 available melpa Company backend for human language texts
company-ycm 20140904.1817 available melpa company-ycm
company-ycmd 20180520.1053 available melpa company-mode backend for ycmd