Subject: bug#51809: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Support for outline default state in Diff buffers

From: Matthias Meulien <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 20:33:33 +0100

Hi Juri,

> (...) Actually, I have been using it all the time, and it saved me in
> many cases when long lines in diffs make Emacs unresponsive.

Good news!

> I have the same problem of too long outline-body lines in xref
> buffers, (...)  It would be nice to move this feature completely to
> outline.el,

I fully agree.

> so it could be used by other modes, not only in diff-mode.
> Please see bug#49731 that will be closed after this feature
> will be supported generally by outline-minor-mode.
>
> Then there are two variants:

Yes. I'll think of it. If I remember correctly, org-mode handles an
initial state too, I've no idea of how it's implemented there. It may
help to choose between the two variants in order to merge all
implementations in one place at some point.

And many thanks for your comments on the patch. I'll modify it after I
have had a look at your sugestion to move the feature to outline.el. But
since I've not much spare time, please be patient!
-- 
Matthias