Subject: bug#51809: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Support for outline default state in Diff buffers

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 21:20:33 +0200

close 51809 29.0.50
thanks

>> My first impression is that setting `outline-level' to
>> `diff--outline-level' inconditionnaly should work but since I don't
>> understand why `diff-outline-regex' hasn't been defined in terms of
>> `diff-file-header-re' and `diff-hunk-header-re' I guess I am missing
>> some subtleties.
>>
>> (Note that there's another minor bug when `diff-buffer-type` isn't equal
>> to 'git: `diff--font-lock-prettify` should be a no-op since the regexp
>> written there match only Git generated diffs, confirmed by the FIXME
>> string "This has only been tested with Git's diff output." written in
>> the implementation).
>
> Here's the corresponding patch:

Thanks for the quick fix!  I confirm that it works even when
`diff-buffer-type' is nil.  So now your patch is pushed to master,
and this request is closed.