Subject: [bug#51785] pam-gnupg

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 13:51:59 +0100

Nicolas,

On 2021-11-12 8:45, Nicolas Graves via Guix-patches via wrote:
> So I'm trying to test the patch, have downloaded guix source code, 
> added
> it in a new branch, updated my channels, used guix shell for setting 
> the
> environment, but now I get the following error when I try to pull to
> test my version :
> 
> guix pull: erreur : Erreur Git : cannot locate remote-tracking branch
> 'origin/keyring'

Guix authentication code expects a local 'keyring' branch, similar to 
how you currently have a local 'master' branch tracking the upstream 
'master' branch (which by default is called 'origin/master').

If you haven't changed the default 'origin' name you should be able to 
simply

   $ git checkout origin/keyring # creates local tracking branch as side 
effect
   $ git checkout master # to 'switch back'

and be on your merry way.  Replace 'origin/' if you have.

(This is from memory; apologies for possible typos/thinkos.)

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.