Subject: bug#5178 closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#5178: test for empty bug report fails due to message-mode)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:50:05 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#5178: test for empty bug report fails due to message-mode

It has been closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
5178: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5178
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#5178: test for empty bug report fails due to message-mode
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 18:44:27 -0500

  * mail/emacsbug.el (report-emacs-bug): In message-mode, sort manually
  before storing original report text.

Subject: test for empty bug report fails due to message-mode
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:25:41 -0500

Severity: minor

(With the current CVS trunk.)

M-x report-emacs-bug checks for an empty bug report before sending.
It does this by comparing the original bug buffer text with the buffer
contents at the time of sending.

The check fails with message-mode, because message-mode sorts the
message headers (!) before calling message-send-hook, thus changing
the buffer contents. There is no obvious way to disable this sorting,
nor does there seem to be any message hook that runs before the sort.