Subject: Re: [bug#51779] [PATCH] Add phonesim 1.21

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 16:05:35 +0100

Demis,

Thanks for the patch!  Here are a few low-hanging thoughts (not a full 
review):

Check the git log for commits adding new packages for the expected 
'change-log-style' commit message.

On 2021-11-11 23:14, Demis Balbach wrote:
> +     `(#:configure-flags
> +       (list "--enable-maintainer-mode"

This is unusual enough to require a comment explaining why it's here.

> +             "CC=gcc")))

This breaks cross-compilation: the cross GCC is called something like 
'x86_64-blah-bloo-gcc', not 'gcc'.  There's a helper in (guix utils) 
IIRC that returns the right cc for the target:

   (string-append "CC=" ,(cc-for-target))

> +    (description "Phone Simulator for modem testing")

This should be at least several lines of complete sentences ("Phonesim 
simulates blah...").

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.