Subject: [bug#51775] Rebased wip-pinebook-pro branch

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 21:30:09 -0800

On 2021-11-11, [email-masked] wrote:
> Thanks for the amazing work on Pinebook Pro!
>
> Here are the patches rebased on linux-libre-5.10 on Guix master.
...
> Should I also rebase the changes from there?

I stopped working on the wip-pinebook-pro branch in May 2021:

  Pinebook Pro no longer WIP
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-05/msg00032.html

All the features that seemed important were merged into guix's master
branch at that time, with only very small and minor patches to
linux-libre. I've since tested several other features, such as
NVMe. Some of the quirks seem to have gotten less bad over time, as
support has improved upstream.

I'm not sure it's worth adding a large patchset to support a 5.10.x
linux-libre kernel at this point... What features are missing from the
default kernel?

What guix master branch does lack is decent documentation for the
pinebook-pro; there is a system image configuration but I have not tried
it out so cannot speak to how well it works.

live well,
  vagrant