Subject: bug#51767: 29.0.50; :weight=regular still resolving to medium font weight

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 20:03:57 +0200

> Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 12:45:27 -0500
> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Nick <[email-masked]>
> 
> > But the fact that it says "regular" in the font selection dialog
> > doesn't yet mean its weight is indeed "regular".  Emacs looks at the
> > numerical value of this attribute, so if the font says "regular" but
> > its weight is more like "medium", that is what you will get.  Do you
> > see both "medium" and "regular" in that list (the screenshot doesn't
> > show the entire list, so I cannot be sure)?
> > 
> > I attach the screenshot you sent, so it will be available from the bug
> > tracker.
> > 
> 
> Yep, sorry about that. I've attached two more screenshots showing more 
> of the weights that are installed as well as the output of `fc-match` 
> that should illustrate both weights are indeed installed properly.

OK, I hope Lars will be able to debug this.  The font log says Emacs
never examined the "regular" or "normal" variant of this font.