Subject: Re: bug#51767: 29.0.50; :weight=regular still resolving to medium font weight

From: Nick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 12:45:27 -0500

On 11/11/21 12:41, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> [Please use Reply All to keep the bug tracker on the CC list.]
> 
>> Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 12:00:50 -0500
>> From: Nick <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Hey Eli, thanks for the reply. I definitely have the font installed,
>> I've attached a picture of `gtk2fontsel` showing the font.
> 
> But the fact that it says "regular" in the font selection dialog
> doesn't yet mean its weight is indeed "regular".  Emacs looks at the
> numerical value of this attribute, so if the font says "regular" but
> its weight is more like "medium", that is what you will get.  Do you
> see both "medium" and "regular" in that list (the screenshot doesn't
> show the entire list, so I cannot be sure)?
> 
> I attach the screenshot you sent, so it will be available from the bug
> tracker.
> 

Yep, sorry about that. I've attached two more screenshots showing more 
of the weights that are installed as well as the output of `fc-match` 
that should illustrate both weights are indeed installed properly.