Subject: [bug#51765]

From: Vinicius Monego <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 02:41:29 +0000

Hi Sharlatan,

I am commenting on the second patch and will comment on the others in
this same message.

> +    (arguments
> +     (list
> +      ;; FIXME: (Sharlatan-20211229T160902+0000): tests run via tox
> +      #:tests? #f))

The procedure is more or less the same for all Astropy related
packages. They use tox as an abstraction for pytest. You can run tests
by overriding the check phase:

>     (arguments
>      `(#:phases
>        (modify-phases %standard-phases
>          (replace 'check
>            (lambda* (#:key inputs outputs tests? #:allow-other-keys)
>              (when tests?
>                (add-installed-pythonpath inputs outputs)
>                (invoke "python" "-m" "pytest")))))))

I also had to add a few more native inputs:

>     (native-inputs
>      (list python-jsonschema
>            python-numpy
>            python-pytest
>            python-pyyaml
>            python-semantic-version
>            python-setuptools-scm))

It should work all the same for the remaining packages in the series.

There's no need to add a comment about the copyright holder:

> +    ;; Copyright (C) 2021 Association of Universities for Research
> in Astronomy (AURA)
> +    ;;  
> https://github.com/asdf-format/asdf-transform-schemas/blob/master/LICENSE

Some of the other patches like 3 and 4 do not follow description
standards like missing full sentences and full stop. You can run `guix
lint` in the packages to catch some linting errors.

In patch 6, gexp is being used without ungexp. In that case it
shouldn't be used. `(arguments (list ...))` should be `(arguments `())`
when gexp isn't being used, same for the other patches too. gwcs
license is bsd-3 according to copyright headers and the LICENSE file in
the license/ directory. Inputs in patches 5 and 6 may also have to be
propagated if they are libraries.