Subject: bug#51762: 13.0.14; environment formating

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 21:40:28 +0100

Hi Keita,

Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Ah, no, the logic is incomplete. If there is a line matching the regexp
>> before the first code comment, my code skips it. So we always have to
>> perform both code comment detection and regexp search, and take up the
>> earlier match if both exists.
>
>> I'll revise my code...
>
> Done.

Thanks for the update.  I have a question, though: You have also
expanded the `LaTeX-filling' ert test.  bug#51762-5 test turns this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
% bug#51762-5 "\\" before code comment shouldn't be skipped.
Mauris ac felis vel velit tristique imperdiet.  Vestibulum convallis, lorem a 
tempus semper, dui dui euismod elit, vitae placerat urna tortor vitae lacus.\\
  Fusce sagittis, libero non molestie mollis, magna orci ultrices dolor, at vulputate neque nulla lacinia eros.  Aliquam posuere.  Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.%
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

into this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
% bug#51762-5 "\\" before code comment shouldn't be skipped.
Mauris ac felis vel velit tristique imperdiet.  Vestibulum convallis,
lorem a
tempus semper, dui dui euismod elit, vitae placerat urna tortor vitae lacus.\\
Fusce sagittis, libero non molestie mollis, magna orci ultrices dolor,
at vulputate neque nulla lacinia eros.  Aliquam posuere.  Cum sociis
natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus
mus.%
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I would have expected something like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
% bug#51762-5 "\\" before code comment shouldn't be skipped.
Mauris ac felis vel velit tristique imperdiet.  Vestibulum convallis,
lorem a tempus semper, dui dui euismod elit, vitae placerat urna
tortor vitae lacus.\\
Fusce sagittis, libero non molestie mollis, magna orci ultrices dolor,
at vulputate neque nulla lacinia eros.  Aliquam posuere.  Cum sociis
natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus
mus.%
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Am I missing something?  I works fine if I replace \\ with \par.

Best, Arash