Subject: On 4K screen laptop, on Windows, like DELL XPS 13, icons are very small

From: Vincent Torri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 07:33:36 +0100

Hello,

On the laptop DELL XPS 13 with 4k display, Windows, emacs installed with
MSYS2, the display scale factor is 3. The text is correctly scale, but
not the icons, which are then very small

see https://ibb.co/TwWG4Dy

regards

Vincent Torri

In GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2021-08-27 built on fv-az171-265
Repository revision: 7a721c6adfcd274a4891bc9202b7b38699c674a4
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19043
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19043.1288)

Recent messages:
Making completion list...
Undo
Saving file c:/Documents/msys2/home/vincent.torri/gitroot_64/ewpi/packages/curl/curl.ewpi...
Wrote c:/Documents/msys2/home/vincent.torri/gitroot_64/ewpi/packages/curl/curl.ewpi
Mark saved where search started
Saving file c:/Documents/msys2/home/vincent.torri/gitroot_64/ewpi/README.md...
Wrote c:/Documents/msys2/home/vincent.torri/gitroot_64/ewpi/README.md
Making completion list... [9 times]
Mark set
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/mingw64 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-modules
 --without-dbus --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe' CPPFLAGS=-D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO=1
 'LDFLAGS=-pipe
 -Wl,--dynamicbase,--high-entropy-va,--nxcompat,--default-image-base-high''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: FRA
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils face-remap smerge-mode
diff cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds misearch multi-isearch
time-date vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs paren cus-start cus-load finder-inf info tex-site
package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 116274 8992)
 (symbols 48 12323 1)
 (strings 32 36088 1856)
 (string-bytes 1 1193514)
 (vectors 16 18365)
 (vector-slots 8 225125 14254)
 (floats 8 33 330)
 (intervals 56 1450 13)
 (buffers 1000 21))