Subject: bug#51760: 29.0.50; xwidget-webkit do not support system input method

From: tumashu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 14:32:36 +0800 (CST)

When I open https://cn.bing.com with xwidget-webkit and entry "e" into
auto insert mode. I can't enable system input method and input Chinese chars.

I use fcitx input method.

Any suggestion?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 5, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-11-11 built on debian
Repository revision: b668399f7f47b09b74a4dfb59c8031b2e0a7c1ff
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/feng/emacs/emacs29-gtk-20211110
 --with-xwidgets --with-json'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  citre-mode: t
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-display-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  company-posframe-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  org-super-agenda-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  pyim-isearch-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-tab-line-mode: t
  tab-line-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/transient-20211105.100/transient hides /home/feng/emacs/emacs29-gtk-20211110/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(gnutls network-stream url-http url-gw nsm url-cache url-auth jka-compr
shadow mail-extr emacsbug sendmail magit-extras eieio-opt speedbar
ezimage dframe shortdoc help-fns radix-tree pyim-dhashcache async
misearch multi-isearch citre citre-peek citre-basic-tools citre-ctags
bug-reference mule-util cursor-sensor eh-gnus-common gnus-select-account
eww xdg url-queue mm-url gnus-demon gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cite gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-cache gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader wjw eh-gnus emacs-helper eh-misc undo-tree xwidget image-mode
exif projectile lisp-mnt grep ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-popup magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff
diff-mode git-commit log-edit message yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
with-editor server magit-mode transient edmacro magit-git magit-section
magit-utils crm gitpatch aggressive-indent eh-emms emms-librefm-stream
xml emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n emms-history
emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams emms-show-all emms-tag-editor
emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-info-tinytag
emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv emms-playing-time
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-volume emms-volume-sndioctl
emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse emms-volume-amixer
emms-playlist-mode emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate
emms-cache emms-info-native bindat emms-info-exiftool emms-info
emms-later-do emms-setup emms emms-compat epg rfc6068 epg-config el2org
cnfonts cnfonts-ui cus-edit cus-load thingatpt yasnippet vterm
face-remap compile color term disp-table ehelp vterm-module term/xterm
xterm citre-config citre-lang-fileref citre-util citre-core citre-tag
citre-core-tables citre-common eh-complete company-posframe
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop xref project company-gtags
company-template company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company eh-org org-super-agenda ts ht s org-habit ob-python
python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell parse-time ls-lisp ob-org ob-plantuml ox-extra ox-md
ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar org-agenda ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element
avl-tree generator org-protocol autorevert filenotify pcase org-attach
org-id org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint
ansi-color org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex
iso8601 time-date org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func eh-functions
eh-theme modus-vivendi-theme modus-operandi-theme modus-themes eh-basic
cal-china-x cal-china lunar solar cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs pyim-liberime liberime cl-extra liberime-core pyim
pyim-hacks pyim-probe pyim-cregexp xr pyim-process pyim-cstring
pyim-autoselector pyim-punctuation pyim-outcome pyim-indicator
pyim-preview pyim-magic pyim-candidates pyim-codes pyim-imobjs
pyim-pinyin pyim-pymap pyim-entered pyim-dcache pyim-dict pyim-page
popup posframe pyim-scheme pyim-common dired-ranger ring
dired-hacks-utils dash wdired dired dired-loaddefs vc vc-dispatcher
consult-vertico consult kmacro orderless vertico savehist tab-line
switch-window switch-window-mvborder switch-window-asciiart quail
so-long elec-pair bookmark text-property-search pp recentf tree-widget
wid-edit elpa-mirror finder-inf ol rx org-compat advice org-macs
format-spec help-mode info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib china-util
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 790115 158698)
 (symbols 48 50985 44)
 (strings 32 283933 15899)
 (string-bytes 1 7278198)
 (vectors 16 92611)
 (vector-slots 8 13083752 326837)
 (floats 8 1201 213)
 (intervals 56 3398 157)
 (buffers 992 24))