Subject: Re: bug#51760: 29.0.50; xwidget-webkit do not support system input method

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 09:11:02 +0800

tumashu  <[email-masked]> writes:

> When I type "nihao", fcitx will show candidate window of "n" then
> dispear, if I type "i" at the moment, it will show "i" then dispear
> again.

What disappears?  The text you wanted to type, or the candidate window?
What happens if you type "nihao" (after which pre-edit will likely show
"你好"), followed immediately by enter?

Also try typing "venglish" followed by return on your keyboard, and let
me know what happens.  Thanks in advance.

> Really? I will try it.

Here's a stab in the dark: does the problem still occur if you comment
out the following line in xwidget.c?

    xw = XXWIDGET (view->model);
    window = gtk_widget_get_window (xw->widgetwindow_osr);
    embedder = gtk_widget_get_window (FRAME_GTK_OUTER_WIDGET (view->frame));

->  gdk_offscreen_window_set_embedder (window, embedder);
    xw->embedder = view->frame;
    xw->embedder_view = view;