Subject: Re: [bug#51747] [PATCH]: gnu: nix: Update to 2.4.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 18:39:48 +0000

Zhu Zihao schreef op za 15-01-2022 om 00:51 [+0800]:
> Patches updated.
> 
> The test is disabled by default, when I tried enable it test it fails,
> It looks like that the RPATH of test binary is not complete. Just leave
> it disabled.

I didn't see anyting RUNPATH (*) related.  It failed to run some python
script though with ‘file does not exist’ (which could maybe indicate
RUNPATH problems, but not in this case), it turned out that the shebang
wasn't patched.  Adding python to the native-inputs appears to fix
things

> I have no idea to gi.ve user a hint of differnce between cpuid and
> libcpuid. Maybe add a comment or add it to description. But I don't
> think user can find these hints in first sight.

See attachement for a variant of the 'libcpuid' package that builds for
me (--system=x86-64-linux, with tests) and cross-builds to
--target=i586-pc-gnu (tests automatically disabled because of cross-
compilation).  'kmod' only exists on Linux, so I modified the inputs
and 'absolutize' to only use it when building for Linux.

I don't think many users look at the description either, but it seems a
logical place to look in case of trouble.  I added a sentence.

I modified the package definition outside emacs and outside a git
checkout, so the indentation probably needs some fixing.

Greetings,
Maxime.

(*) IIRC Guix uses RUNPATH and not RPATH.