Subject: Re: [bug#51747] [PATCH]: gnu: nix: Update to 2.4.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 14:06:27 +0100

Zhu Zihao schreef op do 13-01-2022 om 12:54 [+0800]:
> Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Could you change it to
> > 
> > (filter (lambda (t) (or (x86-64-target? t) (or (x86-32-target? t))))
> >         %supported-systems)
> 
> I found that it actually only supports Linux & Windows. There're only
> code stubs for other platform.

I doubt this, since libcpuid.h mentions FreeBSD and Solaris support,
and 'libcpuid/asm-bits.c' uses 'cpuid' whether it is Linux or Windows
or not.

Possibly there's more information available for Linux and Windows
than for the hurd (see e.g. 'libcpuid/rdmsr.c'), but it would seem that
_some_ usable information is available elsewhere.

Also, 'libcpuid/rdmsr.c' uses 'modprobe', does this need to be
absolutised?

Greetings,
Maxime.