Subject: [bug#51747] [PATCH]: gnu: nix: Update to 2.4.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 08:26:00 +0000

Zhu Zihao schreef op wo 12-01-2022 om 12:21 [+0800]:
> [
> ...]
> Interesting, It looks that these blobs are for Windows system. I don't
> care about MS Windows, but blobs are tightly integrated in the source.
> 
> The source reports that they're compiled from the source in contrib/MSR
> Driver/Kernel. They're PE COFF format, If we want to compile it ourself,
> we have to use mingw cross compiler. This increase the complexity of
> build script.
> 
> AFAIK, nix use libcpuid only in linux context. My idea is replace these
> blobs with empty bytes. Maybe leave a note for who want mingw cross build. 

Often (but not always, cf. rust), when software has files for specific
architectures or operating systems, they will only be compiled if they
match the architecture and operating system the software is compiled
for.  As such, there's a good chance the build will succeed (at least
for Linux, for Hurd, ...) if they are simply deleted.

Greetings,
Maxime.