Subject: Re: [bug#51737] [PATCH v3 1/8] gnu: Add linux-libre-waydroid.

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 17:44:18 +0100

On Tue, 13 Dec 2022 16:49:00 +0000
phodina <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I agree with you to submit a patch which will remove the default
> image and require the user to pass the image as argument.
> 
> In order to build the image and not just blindly download and run
> some off the internet I suggest to use Robotnix project, which is a
> way how to build the whole Android image.
I've looked at it some time ago and as far as I understand it depends on
NixOS which is not FSDG compliant, but at least it might give us better
information than the AOSP source code as there are package definitions
in Robotnix.

Does someone knows how accurate the licensing information is in
Robotnix? 

In any case there are already FSDG distributions like Parabola that
rely on upstream packages that are less strict with license compliance,
so maybe we could use that as a base to find potential issues way
faster than by going through the AOSP code, and maybe a quick look
would be good enough.

PS: Note that I'm not a guix maintainer.

Denis.