Subject: [bug#51737] [PATCH v3 1/8] gnu: Add linux-libre-waydroid.

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 16:54:14 +0100

On Fri, 4 Nov 2022 04:03:08 +0100
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]> wrote:
> (3) Porting the Waydroid modifications[2][3] on top of Replicant 11
> (and reviewing these modifications too).
> 
>     While Replicant 11 is not really usable yet on real devices yet
>     (telephony support for the GT-I9300 (Galaxy SIII) isn't complete
> for instance, sound support is very basic, etc), Replicant 11 status
>     shouldn't affect the ability to add Waydroid support.
I've tried a very quick approach to evaluate how complicated that would
be: 
- The device repositories and HAL related code can be imported pretty
  easily. Some minor changes are needed as there is no lineageOS
  distribution.
- The repositories that are replaced (like mesa, minigbm, etc) seem to
  be needed somehow. If I use the Replicant ones I've get some errors
  about missing headers. I'm unsure what is the best approach here
  between making a stripped down version of these repositories just for
  the header or figuring out another way to integrate the changes
  somehow.
- There is still the boringdroid apk that I didn't look into. While
  it's a separate APK, it looks complicated to build in the sources.

Denis.