Subject: Re: [bug#51737] [PATCH v3 1/8] gnu: Add linux-libre-waydroid.

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 12:38:57 +0100

On Fri, 4 Nov 2022 04:03:08 +0100
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]> wrote:
> (1) Use GNU/Linux and Guix to make that FSDG compliant image. 

I've looked into more details for audio and it uses the alsa
interface exported by pulseaudio[1][2]:
> ret = snd_pcm_open(&out->pcm, "pulse", SND_PCM_STREAM_PLAYBACK, 0);

I'm not sure if "pulse" is the host name for the interface or not
though[3][4].

So here using plain GNU/Linux and "mplayer -ao alsa <file>" could
probably work for testing.

I'll try to look into some other interfaces later on.

References:
-----------
[1]https://github.com/waydroid/android_hardware_waydroid/blob/lineage-18.1/audio/audio_hw.c
[2]https://github.com/waydroid/android_hardware_waydroid/blob/lineage-18.1/audio/audio_policy_configuration.xml
[3]https://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/group___p_c_m.html#ga8340c7dc0ac37f37afe5e7c21d6c528b
[4]They use a modified version of the real alsa library[5], so the
   API documentation should be the same.
[5]https://github.com/WayDroid/android_external_alsa-lib

Denis.