Subject: [bug#51737] [PATCH v3 1/8] gnu: Add linux-libre-waydroid.

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 08:04:03 +0100

That sounds good to me. We could have a default, though we must at least make sure we don't advertise for a non-free image.

Concerning my own work, I'm currently trying to build some base system libraries. I managed to get a working cross-compiler for x86_64-linux-android, and I managed to cross-build a couple libraries. I'm hopeful I'll be able to build bionic (android's libc) by the end of the week, then a complete cross toolchain that will help build the rest of the system.

Le 1 novembre 2022 07:51:17 GMT+01:00, Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>Am Montag, dem 31.10.2022 um 19:30 +0000 schrieb phodina:
>> Regarding the Waydroid (Android) image.
>> 
>> We are currently unable to build the whole image due to the issues
>> summarized by Julien Lepiller on the 10 Years of Guix. Thanks for the
>> presentation! [1]
>> 
>> However, there is project in Nix that allows to build the image. [2]
>> 
>> Would it be possible to use that instead of the one hardcoded in
>> Waydroid?
>IIUC you would have to translate the nix packages there into guix
>packages, assuming there's a 1:1 translation (which might not be the
>case since everything's just a derivation in Nix).  You also have to
>take into account different quality guidelines between Guix and Nix –
>Guix tends to be more stringent.
>
>Since it's possible to specify the URLs via command line, how about
>simply removing the defaults and making the respective command line
>options required for the time being?
>
>Cheers