Subject: Re: [bug#51737] [PATCH v3 1/8] gnu: Add linux-libre-waydroid.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 07:51:17 +0100

Am Montag, dem 31.10.2022 um 19:30 +0000 schrieb phodina:
> Regarding the Waydroid (Android) image.
> 
> We are currently unable to build the whole image due to the issues
> summarized by Julien Lepiller on the 10 Years of Guix. Thanks for the
> presentation! [1]
> 
> However, there is project in Nix that allows to build the image. [2]
> 
> Would it be possible to use that instead of the one hardcoded in
> Waydroid?
IIUC you would have to translate the nix packages there into guix
packages, assuming there's a 1:1 translation (which might not be the
case since everything's just a derivation in Nix).  You also have to
take into account different quality guidelines between Guix and Nix –
Guix tends to be more stringent.

Since it's possible to specify the URLs via command line, how about
simply removing the defaults and making the respective command line
options required for the time being?

Cheers