Subject: bug#51734: 29.0.50; got slow

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 20:38:32 +0800

Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm sorry for my ambiguous report, but the redisplay or the cursor
> movement on an Emacs screen got awkward and slow recently.  This
> happens on Emacs git master built on 64-bit Cygwin.
> For instance, the cursor moves not smoothly while repeating `C-n's,
> `C-s' takes a couple of seconds for the text searched to appear, etc.
> It should have happened after my build on Thu 4 Nov 22:00 UTC
> through the previous build on Mon 8 Nov 22:00 UTC.
>
> Thanks.

See below.

>  'configure 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' --verbose --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
>  --with-imagemagick'

Did you notice the problem in the Emacs in which you ran
`report-emacs-bug'?  `-O0 -g3' will normally slow down Emacs
considerably, as it disables all compiler optimizations, and is used as
a debugging aid.

Thanks.