Subject: Re: bug#51733: 27.1; Detect impossible email addresses better

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 18:53:46 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen writes:
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Then what about text-security.el? or textsec.el?
>
> Yes, that'd work.  Or...  string-analysis.el?  With functions like
> `string-scripts' (lists the different scripts in the string) as well as
> the more higher level functions...  Hm...

Since you're trying to harden against homograph / homoglyph attacks, why
not mention it on the tin?  Besides URL and eMail addresses, it would
probably be useful for checking source code (where the language allows
unicode identifiers), in this case it should also (optionally) warn
about non-normalized sequences.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#BlofeldUserWavetables