Subject: Re: bug#51733: 27.1; Detect impossible email addresses better

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 18:03:23 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> That one should probably be elsewhere.  Although even in that case, I
> don't really see how it could be useful for anything other than this
> particular purpose?  I bet most Lisp programmers don't even know what
> is a "script" in the Emacs context.

Yeah, probably true...

By the way:

https://www.unicode.org/reports/tr24/tr24-32.html#Scripts_and_Blocks

   As a result, using the block names as simplistic substitute for
   script identity generally leads to poor results.

It looks like we're doing that, though?  And indeed:

(elt char-script-table #xAB65)
=> latin

which is wrong, because that's

GREEK LETTER SMALL CAPITAL OMEGA

So we should be populating char-script-table from
http://www.unicode.org/Public/UCD/latest/ucd/Scripts.txt instead of
Blocks.txt.  So I'll be doing that, too.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no