Subject: bug#51733: 27.1; Detect impossible email addresses better

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 11:42:04 +0100

>>>>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 11:27:57 +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> said:

    Lars> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> OK, but the error message could be better, no?

    Lars> Sure, but what?  (And it's not an error message, it's information about
    Lars> something that looks like it might be odd.)

    Lars> Summarising Unicode® Technical Standard #39 in one line isn't easy.

    Lars> We can go all vague, like "Something is wrong", or we can go long, like
    Lars> "It's not all-ASCII, and it's not single script, and it's not a mixture
    Lars> of arabic armenian bengali bopomofo devanagari ethiopic georgian
    Lars> gujarati gurmukhi hangul han hebrew hiragana katakana kannada khmer lao
    Lars> malayalam myanmar oriya sinhala tamil telugu thaana thai tibetan latin,
    Lars> and it not a latin/han/korea/japan mixture".  (And I probably forgot
    Lars> some bits.)

How about "Contains suspicious characters or mix of characters"? That
would at least point users in the right direction.

Robert
--