Subject: Re: bug#51712: 29.0.50; [PATCH] New function `xwidget-webkit-load-html'

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 22:37:59 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > It's JS written by me included in Emacs.

Running free JS code included in Emacs is not, in itself, a bad thing.
JS is not inherently worse than any other language.

But it presupposes that there is a JS interpreter in Emacs, and
including that would be taking a big moral risk.  Users are likely to
use it to run nonfree JS sent by web sites.  We must should not make
Emacs into a platform for that.  It would corrupt the purpose of
Emacs.

Web browsers which can run Javascript from web sites should take steps
to block the Javascript programs which are nonfree.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)