Subject: Re: bug#51712: 29.0.50; [PATCH] New function `xwidget-webkit-load-html'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 01:22:48 +0100

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks, does this look OK to you?  And I'm afraid I'm not terribly good
> at phrasing this into words, so I would really appreciate it if you
> could help write that section of the manual.

[...]

> +Optional argument @var{base-uri}, which should be a string, specifies
> +the location of web resources specified through relative links, such
> +as the resource @samp{foo.png} in the HTML tag @samp{<img
> +src="foo.png">}.  It defaults to @samp{about:blank}.

Looks good to me.

> +XWIDGET should be a WebKit xwidget, that will receive TEXT.  TEXT
> +should be a string that will be displayed by XWIDGET as HTML markup.
> +BASE_URI should be a string containing a URI that is used to fetch
> +resources, and if not specified, defaults to `about:blank'.  */)

Should probably be "relative resources (i.e., URLs that aren't
absolute)" or something of the kind.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no