Subject: bug#51693: [patch] Add Java 17

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 16:54:07 +0100

Le Mon, 08 Nov 2021 21:32:16 +0100,
"Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> Hi,
> 
> the attached patch adds openjdk@17
> 
> Take care with updating packages depending on this, because the
> changes to the module system can cause runtime failures.
> 

Hi!

sorry for the delay. I tried your patch, but the build fails for me
because it goes "out of file descriptors" and "unix resources". Does it
work for you? I tried with various levels of parallelism, but it did not
change anything.

also about your patch, could you replace (invoke "chmod" "u+w" file)
with a call to make-writable? It's available by default in the build
environment, it comes from (guix build utils). I wonder also why you
inherit arguments from openjdk15 instead of openjdk16?

Thanks!