Subject: Re: bug#51689: emacs

From: Han Boetes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 10:22:42 +0100

I reverted back to 29.0.50, I'll gladly reinstall 28.0 as soon as I know
how to get the requested info.

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Is it "emacs -Q -nw" or "emacs -Q -nw ~/.config/emacs/init.el", as you
> reported in your original report?  If the latter, we need to take a
> closer look at your init.el: can you find which part of it triggers
> this, and post that part?

Both of them, and with all files, my init.el was just an example.

> If "emacs -nw -Q" already triggers the error, please tell what is the
> terminal file from lisp/term/ that Emacs loads on your system.

How can I find that information?

> Also, please show the output of evaluating the following variables in
> *scratch*:
> 
>  features

I used c-h v features to get this output, is that what you meant? If not, please help me getting the requested information.

(thingatpt help-fns radix-tree comp-cstr warnings rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode tool-bar seq gv subr-x byte-opt cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-tra\
nsl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-ba\
r menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang\
 vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj chars\
cript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay\
 sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emac\
s)

>  load-history

> (Evaluating them will by default show ellipsis: type RET on that
> ellipsis to show the full value.)

# Han