Subject: Re: bug#51689: emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 14:33:33 +0200

> Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 22:20:19 +0100
> From: Han Boetes <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Please try the latest emacs-28 branch, I hope this problem is now
> > fixed.  But you will need to perform a complete bootstrap.
> 
> Hello Eli,
> 
> I just tried running emacs -Q -nw with the latest bootstrapped emacs
> from the emacs-28 branch and I got the same message:
> 
>   Symbol's function definition is void: regexp-opt-group

Is it "emacs -Q -nw" or "emacs -Q -nw ~/.config/emacs/init.el", as you
reported in your original report?  If the latter, we need to take a
closer look at your init.el: can you find which part of it triggers
this, and post that part?

If "emacs -nw -Q" already triggers the error, please tell what is the
terminal file from lisp/term/ that Emacs loads on your system.  Also,
please show the output of evaluating the following variables in
*scratch*:

 features
 load-history

(Evaluating them will by default show ellipsis: type RET on that
ellipsis to show the full value.)