Subject: Re: bug#51688: ELC+ELN international/emoji.elc crashes

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 15:03:07 +0100

>>>>> On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 14:18:45 +0100, Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> said:

>>>>> On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 14:42:11 +0200, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> said:
    >>> From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
    >>> Cc: [email-masked],  Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>, Eli
    >>> Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
    >>> Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 09:44:01 +0100
    >>> 
    >>> >>>>> On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 15:55:57 +0100, Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> said:
    >>> 
    Robert> Iʼve seen this crash *once* in my Tumbleweed VM, which unfortunately
    Robert> had core dumps disabled. Iʼve not seen it since enabling core
    Robert> dumps. Iʼll see what happens if I uses Andreas' configure options.
    >>> 
    >>> So this only seems to happen in a clean checkout, and I suspect I need
    >>> to remove ~/.emacs.d/eln-cache as well.

    Eli> Can you produce a reproducer and post it?  See etc/DEBUG for how to do
    Eli> that.

    Robert> Attached (itʼs rather large). Note that running 'NATIVE_FULL_AOT=1
    Robert> make' again, lisp/international/emoji.el is successfully compiled, so
    Robert> Iʼm not 100% sure that the repro file will cause a crash.

In fact, ignore this one. Andreas' is correct. For anyone wanting to
reproduce this, after itʼs crashed the first time:

- rm lisp/international/emoji.elc
- rm ~/.emacs.d/eln-cache/29.0.50-whatever/*.eln*
- run with comp-libgccjit-reproducer set to t

So I can now reliably reproduce it if anything more is needed (without
rebuilding a whole checkout).

Robert
--