Subject: bug#51688: ELC+ELN international/emoji.elc crashes

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 14:18:45 +0100

>>>>> On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 14:42:11 +0200, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> said:

    >> From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
    >> Cc: [email-masked],  Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>, Eli
    >> Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
    >> Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 09:44:01 +0100
    >> 
    >> >>>>> On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 15:55:57 +0100, Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> said:
    >> 
    Robert> Iʼve seen this crash *once* in my Tumbleweed VM, which unfortunately
    Robert> had core dumps disabled. Iʼve not seen it since enabling core
    Robert> dumps. Iʼll see what happens if I uses Andreas' configure options.
    >> 
    >> So this only seems to happen in a clean checkout, and I suspect I need
    >> to remove ~/.emacs.d/eln-cache as well.

    Eli> Can you produce a reproducer and post it?  See etc/DEBUG for how to do
    Eli> that.

Attached (itʼs rather large). Note that running 'NATIVE_FULL_AOT=1
make' again, lisp/international/emoji.el is successfully compiled, so
Iʼm not 100% sure that the repro file will cause a crash.

Robert
--