Subject: Re: bug#51688: ELC+ELN international/emoji.elc crashes

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 15:29:40 +0000

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 14:46:55 +0000, Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> said:
>
>     Andrea> $ gcc emoji-aca2d225-0997194d_libgccjit_repro.c -lgccjit
>     >> 
>     Andrea> And run it to see if it crashes.
>     >> 
>     Andrea> $ ./a.out
>     >> 
>     >> No, that doesnʼt crash. And similarly for the .c files in
>     >> .emacs.d/eln-cache, they donʼt crash.
>
>     Andrea> To be sure, was the .c file produced when Emacs crashed?
>
> Not quite, it was produced when I reran the compile but with the
> comp-libgccjit-reproducer set to t. The crash doesnʼt always happen
> the second time.

It's really important we make sure the reproducer is produced when Emacs
crashes.  Could you clean-up the old repro before each test so we make
sure we get a new repro that we know is correlated with the crashy run?

> But I have a live emacs process thatʼs just crashed (the first time)
> trapped in gdb if you want me to poke at it.

I think without libgccjit with debug symbols there's not much that can be
easily inferred here.

BTW which libgccjit version are you on? (looks farily recent)

Thanks

  Andrea