Subject: Re: bug#51674: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Fix hang when displaying xwidget script dialog

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2021 13:46:02 +0800

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> It currently creates a temporary file, and I'd like to avoid that.  I
> thought about using xwidget-webkit-execute-script to do something like
>
> document.append("<video...>")
>
> but I guess I need to open a "empty" page first?  (I haven't actually
> tried.)  Do you have any advice here?

I think the cleaner solution would be to introduce a function that wraps
`webkit_web_view_load_html', but since the eww code also has to support
macOS, someone here who knows his way around that system will have to
implement it as well.

Also, the WebKit widget loads "about:blank" by default, as long as
RELATED is nil when passed to make-xwidget (this is necessary due to how
WebKit treats related widgets internally), so you shouldn't have to load
an empty page first.

WDYT?