Subject: Re: bug#51661: 29.0.50; What is "interactive Lisp closure"?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 14:07:36 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>   emacs -Q
>   C-h f emoji-insert RET
>
> This says:
>
>   emoji-insert is an autoloaded interactive Lisp closure in ‘emoji.el’.
>
> Other commands still say "interactive compiled Lisp function", at
> least the few I tried did.

[...]

> Is this the same "closure"?  What is special about this command that
> we say "closure" there?  Do we have to confuse users by showing that
> in the Help buffers?

I think so -- in this case it pointed to a bug in our build (the
emoji.el file wasn't compiled), so I think this is working like it
should, and I'm therefore closing this bug report.

(It says

---
emoji-insert is an autoloaded interactive byte-compiled Lisp function
in emoji.el.
---

now.)