Subject: Re: bug#51661: 29.0.50; What is "interactive Lisp closure"?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 22:01:16 +0100

Arash Esbati <[email-masked]> writes:

> you could add a ^L after the function (or better near eof) to prevent
> Emacs from parsing that string as a file local variable.

I tried that now, but it didn't seem to help.

We really need a general "this thing here shouldn't be interpreted by
any of the things that look for this stuff" mechanism.  But I'm not sure
what that would look like.

(with-uninterpreted-text
  (insert ";; Local Variables:
;; coding: utf-8
;; version-control: never"))

or something?  The code that's looking for these things are pretty
simple, though, and would have to be made more complicated, which is a
downside.

Stefan M's solution (use \s instead of space) is probably the best.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no