Subject: Re: bug#51659: 29.0.50; emoji.el: incorrect description for some emojis in emoji-list

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 15:48:20 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Perhaps emoji.el is mis-parsing the emoji file...  I'll try to debug.

No, there's something weird going on in `find-composition' here?  Eli,
could you have a look -- it's a bit mysterious.

(insert "\x263A\xFE0Flalalalalal")
=> ☺️lalalalalal

(find-composition (point)) on both of those return the composition on
the first cluster.

Now, the doc string says:

---
If there’s no composition at POS, and the optional 2nd argument LIMIT
is non-nil, search for a composition toward the position given by LIMIT.
---

So I interpret a nil value shouldn't search?

(find-composition (point) (point)) returns absolutely the same as a nil
value on the "lala" bits.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no