Subject: Re: bug#51654: 29.0.50; mule-cmds.el compiler warnings about emoji-*

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 14:55:21 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Like I said, ldefs-boot.el hasn't been updated yet, so Emacs doesn't know
>>> about these autoloads in a normal build.
>>
>> Doesn't the bootstrap rebuild loaddefs.el from scratch?
>
> Unfortunately not -- I assumed that was by design?  (Since it's pretty
> slow.)  If I remember correctly, it just copies over ldefs-boot.el to
> loaddefs.el.  (But it's been a couple of months since I looked at this
> last time, so I may be misremembering.)
>
> But if we could fix that, then we'd avoid all these transient glitches,
> so I'd be for it.

I'm not familiar with Emacs internals during the build process, but
depending on how slow this is, I think this is useful change.  It is
somewhat misleading to get warnings with a fresh clone because one file
gets updated once a week or so.

Best, Arash