Subject: 29.0.50; reproducible crash with org-bullets on yesterday's top of tree on MacOS 12.0.1, Apple M1.

From: PAVLOS MARAGAKIS <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2021 13:24:45 -0400

Using emacs -q --load load_to_crash_emacs_2021-11-06.el
I load the simple org file load_to_crrash_emacs_2021-11-06.org
and emacs crashes every time with a segfault.

The contents of load_to_crash_emacs_2021-11-06.el are:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
(require 'package)

(setq package-enable-at-startup nil)
(add-to-list 'package-archives
	     '("melpa" . "https://melpa.org/packages/"))
(package-initialize)

(unless (package-installed-p 'use-package)
  (package-refresh-contents)
  (package-install 'use-package))

;; Let's also add org packages
(add-to-list 'package-archives '("org" . "https://orgmode.org/elpa/") t)

(use-package org-bullets
  :ensure t
  :config
  (add-hook 'org-mode-hook (lambda () (org-bullets-mode 1))))
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

and the contents of load_to_crash_emacs_2021-11-06.org are:

####################
# Example text that doesn't work with org-bullet on latest mac osx.

* Bullet 1

** Bullet 2
###################

Please let me know if you need anything else.  

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.1.0, NS appkit-2113.00 Version 12.0.1 (Build 21A559))
of 2021-11-06 built on MacbookPro13.local
Repository revision: 5a013838746c160cb296e0bc80a11795d2538f9a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.0.1

Configured using:
'configure --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/site-lisp
--prefix=/usr/local/opt/gccemacs --without-dbus --without-imagemagick
--with-mailutils --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained --with-cairo
--with-modules --with-xml2 --with-gnutls --with-json --with-rsvg
--with-native-compilation CC=/usr/bin/clang
CFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/lib/gcc/11/include
'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/lib/gcc/11/
-I/opt/homebrew/lib/gcc/11/include'
CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/libffi/include
'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/homebrew/opt/libffi/lib/pkgconfig --no-create
--no-recursion''

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GNUTLS JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/maragakp/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20211105.100/transient hides /usr/local/opt/gccemacs/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs org-bullets
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601
time-date ol rx org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cl-extra
use-package-ensure use-package-core finder-inf info package browse-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars
seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv help-mode cl-loaddefs
cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 321111 16810)
(symbols 48 20110 0)
(strings 32 105485 3759)
(string-bytes 1 3182472)
(vectors 16 32247)
(vector-slots 8 584857 17733)
(floats 8 97 111)
(intervals 56 288 0)
(buffers 992 12))